Melbourne Time

Select Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Friday, December 30, 2011

6. Day Tour to Noosa

I'm having trouble finding a day tour that goes to the places I want to see and visit. The one I really liked was with Scenic Hinterland but they only do pick-ups from the GC.

Grayline is out as is JPT Day Tours. Grayline have " Eumundi Markets with Montville (S484)" which is $119, they don't offer concession rates and they don't go to Noosa. They go to Eumundi and Montville and Maleny Mountain Wines.

JPT which I am informed is part of Australia Day Tours have "Sunshine Hinterland & Montville" operating Thursdays and Saturdays, Costs $105 goes to the ginger factory, Ettamogah Pub and Montville - no Noosa.

There other tour "Sunshine Coast & Noosa" operates Mondays and Sundays Costs $109 sees the Ettamogah Pub, Noosa but only passes through Eumundi then goes to Mooloolaba and includes entry to Underwater World. I have no interest in Underwater World whatsoever so this too would be a waste of money.

It looks like Green Triangle will be the one to go with. They have a tour from Brisbane "Sunshine Coast Day Tour - Noosa Heads and Eumundi Markets" which operates Wednesdays and Saturdays and costs $94 and $89 for concession. It may not stop at a ginger factory, but it does at least tick the other boxes - Stops in Eumundi for the market and then goes to Noosa (including Hastings Street). They do then drive to Maleny for a stop at the lookout (No wine tasting here I'm afraid) and their last stop is at a local fruit stall.

I'll have a hunt around a bit more if I can't find one exactly like the Scenic Hinterland one, then I'll book this tour. Then begs the question, do I book now or wait till I arrive? Maybe I should book before.

The Downside
The downside of Green Triangle is they don't stop at the Ettamogah Pub. Plus they have a "pick-up point" which is a fair walk from my accommodation. Considering my accommodation is north of South Bank and they would have to travel north, perhaps they might be able to pick me up from somewhere there? It's worth looking into.

No comments: